When it comes to clean oven racks, it might take quite a time. That is why we must know an effective way to do it.
The kitchen is a significant space in the home. Besides preparing a meal, guests often enter this area as well and serve food themselves. We don’t want them to see the Oven Racks to be dirty, right?
To save time on making it net, we must be familiar wit how to do it right. Not only making it shines but as well to guard the furniture lasting. Here are a few alternative lengths on how to clean all kinds of oven racks:
Table of Contents
- Method on How to Clean Oven Racks
- Self Cleaning Oven Cleaner
- Additional Tips on to Clean the Oven Racks
Method on How to Clean Oven Racks
One of the things that affect clean oven racks is the method of doing it. We don’t leave marks after wiping it or even ruining it. Here is the first way on how to do it.
1. Soaking it
Soaking heavy-duty oven racks is the easiest way to clean it. However, we should use a bathtub to do this method. Overall it is like giving it a bath time with hot calming water.
So before cleaning it, we must prepare the equipment. First, like as told before, we should have a bathtub for this method. Or use any kind of containers that fit in.
See More: How to Clean Suede Couch without Ruin
Secondly, prepare some old towels that we would not use for the body again. Also, dip a dish soap or detergent. After that, the last thing to prepare is hot water.
After preparing those 4 items, then we are ready to clean the oven racks using the soaking method. Here are the steps on how to do it.
- The first matter to make is to put the towel on the tub. This is used to prevent scratches on it from the oven racks, but don’t put it in yet.
- After that, fill it with hot water. Don’t put too much water, just make sure that it is enough to cover the items in it.
- Once the water is filled, pure in a half a cup of dishwasher detergent it in. You could use a powder or a liquid one. Stir it up a little bit so that it all mixes up well.
- The first thing to do is to put the towel on the tub. This is used to prevent scratches on it from the oven racks, but don’t put it in yet.
- Now put the oven racks into the tub. As an alternative, you could also insert and use some dryer sheets as well. This is used to help the leftover foods on it to soften.
- The next step is to leave it so that it would be cleaned. The minimum time is 6 hours. The top time to submerge is in the evening. It is because we could let it during the overnight.
- After soaking it for six hours, rinse it, and then clean it with an old rag. Make sure to dry it up first before using it again in the oven.
2. Using Oven Cleaner Commercial Product
The next way on how to clean heavy-duty oven racks is by coating it using a commercial cleaning product. However, not every one of them are secure to use. Some of them would leave an unpleasant strong smell on the racks.
Not merely that, but several of the products also contain harmful chemicals that are even dangerous for our health. Moreover, the item that we are cleaning is for food, so it is important to use safe ones.
3. Method’s Heavy- Duty Degreaser
This is a natural cleaner that we could use not only for the racks but also for the oven itself as well. It is a plant-based product that includes a lemongrass scent.
4. Easy-Off Fume Free Cleaner
The next product that you could use is the Easy-Off Fume Free Cleaner. It would not leave an unpleasant smell and we could use it every day. The smell is also eco-friendly.
Self Cleaning Oven Cleaner
An alternative way to clean the racks is by using a self-cleaning oven cleaner. We could easily find the ingredients in our home as well.
Using a self-cleaning oven cleaner would work as effectively as a store product. Moreover, it would also cost cheap money if you make it on your own. Here are the ingredients that can be used:
1. Baking Soda and Water
The first step is using baking soda, use about 3 tablespoons. And then add 1,5 tablespoons of water. After that mix, it up and the first oven rack cleaner is ready!
2. Baking Soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, and Dish Soap
The next mixture is with using more ingredients. However, it would be easier to wipe off the dirt. Mix up 3 tablespoons baking soda, 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide, and 1 tablespoon dish soap.
Mix up both the ingredients alternatives. After that, the applying steps are the same. But before that, add some drops of lemon of essential oil to give a fresh scent.
After that, spread the mixture over to the oven rack using a spoon, hands, or a paintbrush. Then, leave it for about six hours and rinse it. You could also just clean it by wiping it with a damp cloth.
3. Baking Soda and Vinegar
The first thing to do with using these ingredients is to coat the oven rack with using vinegar. After that, add some baking soda to it. Leave it for a while and then wipe it off using water.
4. Trash Bags and Ammonia
The other way to clean it to put your oven racks into a trash bag. Make sure there is no hole. After that adding ammonia about half of the quart. And then tie it up tightly.
Leave it then overnight and better to this outside. The next morning, use gloves and safety goggles to open the trash bag. After that, rinse the oven rack until it is clean.
Additional Tips on to Clean the Oven Racks
An easy way to have to remain clean oven racks is to keep it less dirty from the start. Before using its cooking, add an aluminum foil to cover up. This would avoid spills and not leave marks.
Also, after using it, immediately clean the racks with using cloth or tissue to help decrease the former on it. This would also keep it from leaving marks on it.
So those are some alternatives that are quick, simple, and easy on how to clean oven racks. The methods would not need us to rub it, so you would ruin it as well.