Shabby chic furniture is an old housekeeping item that you can get in many thrift stores to be reused and up cycled into a more beautiful and functional object.
Then, the shabby chic style is starting to become a trend since the proliferation of DIY activities among many people. There are many ways to create this kind of ambiance for your household items.
Some of them are repainting or adding some additional materials like lace or other fabrics. By applying shabby chic decor to your home, you will get completely new comfort and beauty at once.
From this article, you will get 18 DIY shabby chic furniture ideas that are easy and fast for you to do at home.
Table of Contents
- 1. Drawers with Lace Stencil
- 2. Repaint the Dining Table with Solid Colors
- 3. Give Your Sofa Table a Rural Touch
- 4. Duck Egg Blue Chalk Paint Desk
- 5. Classy Shabby Chic Furniture with Mini Rosette from Drop Cloth
- 6. Soft Shabby Chic Style with Distressed Painted Mirror
- 7. Shabby Chic Furniture with Crystal Chandelier
- 8. Repainted Side Table for Shabby Chic Furniture
- 9. Red Chalk Painted Upholstery
- 10. Shabby Chic Furniture with Nightstand
- 11. Give Your Refrigerator a Makeover
- 12. Shabby Chic Furniture from Old Drawers
- 13. Footboard Transformation into Shelves
- 14. Refinish the Closet with White
- 15. Transform the Old Suitcase into Makeup Table
- 16. Ladder Back Chair Makeover
- 17. Barn Wood Shelves with Giant Key Hook
- 18. Hand Painted Drawers
1. Drawers with Lace Stencil
To create this kind of shabby chic furniture, you need to scrub your drawers first with Clorox Clean-Up.
After that, sand the remaining paint on it so that the new painting can stick entirely to the material beneath.
When everything is clear, you can immediately place the lace fabric on the surface of your drawer one by one. Then start to spray the paint on it.
2. Repaint the Dining Table with Solid Colors
Does old furniture make your dining room look unattractive and dull? So, repainting is an excellent step in the transformation you need to take.
Try to combine solid colors like green and brown to give your dining room a fantastic earthy vibe.
3. Give Your Sofa Table a Rural Touch
Do you want another shabby chic furniture idea that fits your sofa table?
Then, giving it a little rustic touch by installing reclaimed wood to your existing table is not a wrong choice. Apply the whitewash method to the surface, and you are done!
Arrange some blue candle holders and greeneries on it. Next, this spot will make a beautiful focal point.
4. Duck Egg Blue Chalk Paint Desk
Similar to other shabby chic furniture painting methods, you only need to roughly repaint your old desk with duck egg blue chalk paint or another color suit with your preference.
Furthermore, by using chalk paint, you no longer need to do sanding or priming. Hence, you can save more time for doing another DIY project.
5. Classy Shabby Chic Furniture with Mini Rosette from Drop Cloth
Stool with an outdated design is undoubtedly no longer suitable for the modern decor of your home. However, instead of throwing it away, you can repaint it and cover its surface with a textured drop cloth.
To create a simple yet classy shabby chic furniture, cut up the drop cloth, and then roll it up to form a rose flower. After that, stick it in a circle on the side of your stool.
6. Soft Shabby Chic Style with Distressed Painted Mirror
Indeed, the duck egg blue is suitable for any furniture, including your classic mirror. Also, this color will match perfectly to a house with a coastal vibe.
7. Shabby Chic Furniture with Crystal Chandelier
Transforming your chandelier is not that difficult. Apart from repainting it, you can also decorate it with strands of crystal beads that can provide cozy illumination for your living room.
8. Repainted Side Table for Shabby Chic Furniture
Repaint is not the only technique you can do to create shabby chic furniture for your home. However, at least this is the most comfortable choice you can make.
Suppose you have a farmhouse or coastal interior design. Then, giving white chalk paint on your old side table is a smart move.
Complete the top of your table with a series of pink roses in your used aluminum kettle to strengthen the ambiance.
9. Red Chalk Painted Upholstery
To get perfect results in painting upholstered chairs, you need to spray them with water first before working on it.
That way, your paint will more easily soak into the fabric of your chair and won’t crack easily.
10. Shabby Chic Furniture with Nightstand
Because of its location, which is adjacent to the wall, sometimes nightstands become a bit of forgotten furniture.
However, giving it a new look by repainting it is also very important to support your bedroom’s beauty.
11. Give Your Refrigerator a Makeover
An old refrigerator is shabby chic furniture that you can’t leave behind.
By giving some carved accents on its doors and sides, then painting it in a color that matches your kitchen decor, now your refrigerator finally has a new look.
12. Shabby Chic Furniture from Old Drawers
One creative step to take back your old drawer is to transform it into a side table. Therefore, you merely need to add a wooden board in the middle of it, and then paint it in your favorite color.
And you already have a new, unique side table!
13. Footboard Transformation into Shelves
To create shabby chic furniture like this, hang your used whitewashed footboard upside down. Besides, do not forget to give it an additional board and hooks as a place for you to display your beautiful pieces.
14. Refinish the Closet with White
White is the best color to make your shabby chic furniture look cleaner. In addition, you can apply this hue on bookshelves or hanging racks in your kitchen.
15. Transform the Old Suitcase into Makeup Table
Instead of buying new furniture, you can repurpose your old suitcase into a fancy dressing table by beautifying the interior and attaching a mini round mirror to its lid. Thus, it is easy and cheap.
16. Ladder Back Chair Makeover
A ladder back chair can become an outdated item if it is not maintained correctly. Therefore, it is necessary to repaint it with pastels and light brown colors as above.
17. Barn Wood Shelves with Giant Key Hook
A stunning Entryway does not mean that all the equipment is purchased at a high price. Otherwise, you can create your shabby chic furniture in the form of a hanging shelf with a hook from barn wood as above.
18. Hand Painted Drawers
The final step in creating shabby chic furniture for your home is to give your drawers a hand painting. To add a unique impression, you can also replace the knobs with crystal balls.
Above all, there are 18 DIY creations of shabby chic furniture that you can follow. Have you found your favorite?